A quick thandai recipe with added chocolate flavour.
- Chocolate 100 gms
- Full cream milk 1 1/2 litres
- Almonds 20 (blanched and peeled)
- Cashewnuts 20 (soaked)
- Pistachios 20 (blanched and peeled)
- Melon seeds 3 tbsp (soaked)
- Poppy seeds (khuskhus) 3 tbsp (soaked)
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Green cardamoms 8-10
- Cinnamon 1 inch stick
- Black peppercorns 8-10
- Dried rose petals 10
- Saffron a few strands
– Melt dark chocolate on a double boiler.
– Grind together almonds, cashew-nuts, pistachios, melon seeds and poppy seeds with a little milk to a fine paste.
– Bring milk to a boil in a pan. Add saffron to it and mix. When the milk begins to boil add sugar and simmer till the sugar melts.
– Grind green cardamoms, dried rose petals, cinnamon and black peppercorns to a fine powder.
– Add the wet paste and chocolate to the milk and mix well. Simmer for three to four minutes.
– Now add the powdered masala to the milk and mix well. Chill the milk and serve cold.