Traditional Rice Kheer gets a twist of Chocolate. Makes a great treat on festivals..!
- Dark chocolate – 100 gms
- Malt Powder – 2 tbsp
- Cocoa – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Saffron – 7 – 8 strands
- Milk – 500 ml
- Rice – 1 cup
- Brown Sugar – 2/3 cup
– Soak the rice in water for 30 mins.
– Pressure cook the rice with milk for one whistle. Instantly release the steam and put in a deep pan.
– Keep it on simmer for 20 mins.
– Now add saffron and mix it nicely. Melt dark chocolate on the side on a double boiler or a microwave.
– Add melted chocolate, malt and cocoa to the almost ready kheer.
– As the Kheer thickens add sugar. Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes.
– Finally add the cardamom powder at the end. Give it a final mix and serve it either hot or cold. I usually prefer to chill it and have it cold. My sister also loves Chocolate kheer when it’s served cold. So take your pick!