Know your veggies better – A quick & tasty way of incorporating a not so commonly used vegetable into your diet.
- 1 Kohlrabi, medium sized
- 1 Green Zucchini, medium sized
- 1 Yellow Bell Papper, small
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, small
- 1 onion, small
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp amchur
- 1tbsp salt + as per taste
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Oil, for pan frying
- Grate kohlrabi & zucchini in a food processor or from the thick side of a box grater. Apply 1 tbsp salt & mix thoroughly. Keep aside for half an hour.
- After half an hour, drain the excess liquid & squeeze the kohlrabi & zucchini mixture to get rid of any excess moisture.
- Finely chop the bell peppers & onion. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the flours along with the squeezed kohlrabi & zucchini.
- Now add the maida & the corn flour & mix nicely to incorporate. Do not add any liquid, just mix it to bring it together.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, shape the mixture into small roundels or into fritters & pan fry them on medium heat till it is golden brown on both sides.
Note – Kohlrabi is also known as Ganth Gobhi or Knol Khol.
To make it gluten free, you may use egg as a binder instead of the flours.