Just a pinch of Indian spice to the western salad. Result? Delectable.
- 250gms Watermelon
- 1tbsp feta cheese
- Few basil & mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- Chill the watermelon & make roundels of watermelon using a melon scooper or cut them in any shape of desire.
- Dry roast the shahi jeera in a pan & using a motor pestle, make a powder of it leaving a small pinch aside for garnish.
- Mix the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, shahi jeera powder, black salt in a small jar & shake vigorously to combine everything.
- Pour this dressing on the watermelon pieces & stir to combine.
- Crumble some feta cheese on top & sprinkle some whole roasted shahi jeera on top.
- Tear some basil & mint leaves over it & serve chilled.