Pakore & Monsoons are a perfect match but how about giving your pakore a change.
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 3 tbsp Besan
- 1.5 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Water, as required
- Over cooked rice are needed for these pakore, in case you have rice that is not over cooked then sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of water & microwave it on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Mash the rice with a masher or using a spoon to a rough smooth stage keeping it little grainy.
- Let it cool down & add all the ingredients to it except water & mix properly.
- Due to salt, the onion will leave water thus water is not needed at this stage. Cover & keep aside for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, mix again & now add little water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil for frying & drop small spoonsful of the batter into the oil.
- Cook till it is golden brown in colour all over with a crispy texture & cooked from inside too.
- Remove on absorbent paper & serve hot with green chutney & masala chai.