This twist to the age old Khari biscuits is sure to win hearts
- 10-12 Button Mushrooms
- 7-8 Basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2tbsp Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 3tbsp Cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Butter
- Salt & Black Pepper, as per taste
- Butter Khari, as required
- For Prep – Clean & thinly slice the mushrooms, finely chop the onion & garlic & cut basil leaves into thin strips. If the khari is too fat, carefully divide them into two.
- In a pan heat the butter & add a few drops of oil, now add the onion & after a few seconds add the garlic. Saute until translucent, now add the sliced mushrooms & scatter it without mixing it much.
- When the water has almost dried out, add the balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes, sale & pepper to taste.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl & let it cool for a minute. Now add the cream cheese & basil leaves & give it a good stir.
- Pre-heat an oven at the highest temperature for 10 minutes. Apply the mixture over khari biscuits & sprinkle some grated cheese over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 5minutes or just until the cheese has completely melted. Remove on a platter & serve hot.