Who said you can’t enjoy chaat while fasting for Navratri?
- 2 raw bananas
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 2 tbsp cheese spread
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin powder
- A big pinch of Kashmiri chilli powder
- A big pinch of chaat masala
- 1 tbsp Imli-jaggery chutney
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Oil, for deep frying
- Slice the banana’s diagonally into 1/2 inch thickness & soak them in ice cold water for 30-45minutes. Alternatively you can place the bowl in the refrigerator as well.
- Meanwhile mix the yogurt, cheese spread, roasted cumin powder, kashmiri chilli powder & chaat masala using a whisk to get a smooth mixture. Check for seasoning & add salt accordingly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- After around 30-45minutes, heat oil for deep frying & drain the banana’s to get rid of any excess water.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sliced raw bananas along with a pinch of salt into the oil & fry them till golden light brown colour.
- Drain the fried bananas on a kitchen towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Arrange them on your serving platter & pour a small dollop of the yogurt mixture on each slice individually. Add a dash of imli chutney on top of the yogurt & garnish with some fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately.