Is it Italian or is it Indian, lets find out!
For Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups Basil leaves
- 1/4th cup Pine nuts/Walnuts
- 1/4th cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4th-1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste,
- Pepper to taste
- 300 gms Boneless chicken thigh pieces
- 120ml cream
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3/4 cup Hung yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp pesto sauce
- Salt to taste
- In a mixer jar, grind all the ingredients for the pesto sauce.
- Clean the chicken & cut them into the 1.5-2inch pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients needed for the kebab except the chicken.
- Check for seasonings & add the chicken pieces. Marinate for minimum 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven at the highest temperature & skewer the chicken into the steel oven skewers.
- Place the chicken skewers into the oven at the highest temperature for 5-6 minutes.
- Baste with some oil or melted butter & lower the temperature to 180°C.
- Cook for another 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with pickled onions & green chutney.
Note – The remaining pesto sauce can be poured in a jar & topped with ½ inch of olive oil & refrigerated for storage.