A seasonal delicacy is a must during the chilly winters
- 200gms Ponkh (Fresh Jowar/Sorghum)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3tbsps coriander, chopped
- 1tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1tsp green chilli paste
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 3/4th cup besan
- 1/4th cup rice flour
- 1.5 tbsp oil + for frying
- Water, as required
- Salt, to taste
- Wash & drain the ponkh to get rid of any excess water. In a mixer grinder, grind 3/4th of the ponkh coarsely.
- Remove in a bowl & add the remaining ponkh, along with rest of the ingredients except water.
- Mix thoroughly to incorporate, now add very little water at a time & mix.
- Make a very thick batter & rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai, once the oil is hot then using your hands or a small teaspoon, add small dollops of the wada batter.
- Do not over crowd the kadai, once its golder on one side, carefully turn to the other side.
- Remove on absorbent paper & serve hot with imli chutney or dhania chutney.