Fried Chicken in our Desi Avatar
- 1.5 tsp caraway seeds
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 3-4 cloves
- 6-7 black peppercorns
- 1-2 blades of mace
- 1/2-inch cinnamon stick
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1tsp kasoori methi
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 lime, juice
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 4 tbsp Corn Flour
- 4 tbsp Rice Flour
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/4tsp Black pepper powder
Oil, for Frying
- Dry Roast all the whole spices for the marination & make a powder.
- Whisk yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, lime juice smoothly to remove any lumps & add the tandoori masala powder to it & mix again.
- Add the chicken pieces & mix to coat the pieces with the marination. Keep aside to marinate atleast for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight (recommended).
- Remove the chicken from the fridge & let it come to room temperature.
- Mix all the ingredients for the coating & remove on a flat plate.
- Take the chicken pieces & remove any excess marination on it & coat the pieces thoroughly with the flour mix.
- Dust off any excess flour & deep fry on a medium flame till golden brown & completely cooked.
- Serve with chutney or a chilli mayo & lime wedges.