A simple recipe from the book “Jamva Chaloji by Katy Dalal”
- 100gms paneer/cottage cheese (finely chopped or grated)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 1-2 green chillies (deseeded & finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Pinch black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp butter/ghee
- Salt to taste
- Butter toasted bread slices
Heat butter in a pan & sauté the onion till it turns pink & soft. Toss in the ginger-garlic paste & green chillies & mix well.
Then add chilli powder, pepper powder, half of the coriander & lastly the paneer. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile beat the eggs with salt in a bowl & whisk well. Slowly add the egg mix little at a time to the paneer mixture in the pan with one hand while constantly mixing & scrambling the paneer-egg mixture with the other hand over a low-medium flame.
Cook till it is a soft & slightly wet mixture, add the remaining coriander & remove from flame.
Serve these immediately with garlic butter toasted bread slices & enjoy them hot. Garnish with coriander.
To know more about Katy Dalal and the remarkable family: Katy’s Kitchen